Beach Fun

Beach Fun

Friday, July 6, 2012

The Beach Life and More!

We did it!! We took five kids age 4 and under to the beach. It was so much fun and the kids did great in the car. You might have thought they knew what a beach house was before we even got there. They kept saying "Go to beach house now." every time we stopped.
We were fortunate for some of my family to go with us. Nana, Papa, Uncle Nick and Aunt Stacy went too. We stayed at a condo just three blocks from the beach. We thought about staying on the beach, but I was too nervous about having an escape artist disappearing on the beach. We really had the time of our lives. We shopped, ate lots of sea food, went mini golfing, played on the beach for two days, the boys went deep sea fishing, and Drew and I hit the pool for a bit. The kids were able to do a lot at Ripley's Aquarium. After we finshed the aquarium, we walked on the boardwalk. The kids were able to feed some very hungry fish off the pier, play on the playground, eat fudge, and stuff a bear from Build A Bear.
Seriously....what a wonderful trip! Since we've been home it's been interesting. Emma is doing great with potty training. Maddox, Parker, and Jack are showing interest, but more so after they've been tucked in bed. Every night this week has been an adventure. Sunday night after bath, we tucked everyone in bed. A while later I heard Jack screaming. I went in the boys room to find a bottle of baby shampoo dumped all over the carpet and the three of them covered in bubbles. I hosed them off in the shower, hoping my neighbors wouldn't call the cops from all the screaming. The boys HATE the shower. Although, it was hilarious watching them try to climb up each other to try to get out. Monday I had to get Bailey (our dog) from the vet. We decided to board her while we were gone. Brian called to tell me I needed to paint when I got home. I guess Brian left the kids alone to play while he went to turn on the sprinklers outside. When he came in he found the quads coloring on the two story foyer walls. Which of course has flat paint, which isn't washable. I was lucky to find a paint can in the garage that is only one shade darker than what's on that wall now. So, if you come over, don't mind the paint mismatches! The last three nights have been crap-tastic. Maddox and Parker refuse to leave their diapers on. They have peed, pooped, wiped, and played with it all. I have scrubbed blinds, walls, beds, curtains, bedding, and the carpet to no end. They are about to meet my friend "Duct". Plus it's Daddy's turn tonight to be on clean up duty. This mama needs a break. Other than that, we've been playing in the pool and keeping cool in the basement with bouncy house. I know it's a long post, but we are happy you're here following along with us! XOXO Sara

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sara...you never cease to amaze me! God, you are such a wonderful mom! I experience the same types of adventures, except mine are only with 2 kids, not 5! Miss you tons!

Hugs,
Tonya