Beach Fun

Beach Fun

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Off to a Spectacular 2013.

We are home and LOVING IT!!! Space to run, space to hide, and space to play. We arrived home a day earlier than expected due to school cancellations and snow. I was able to take the kids to daycare and move us out of the hotel in just a matter or hours. Our amazing contractor had a crew of four come and help us unpack everything that was coming back to the house(furniture, books, movies, etc). They had about 70% of the house unpacked in one day. I was able to unpack the rest of the boxes in a couple of days. I took a few breaks with the holidays and all, and of course some time here and there to enjoy the space with my kiddos. That was round one of digging myself out of boxes. The drycleaners brought back 60 boxes of bedding, clothes, pillows, towels, and stuffed animals that survived the fire. It's been really overwhelming the second time around. Sorting clothes, bedding, hanging things up, and keeping ontop of the current laundry I already have. I only have maybe 12-14 boxes left to put away. Most of it is shoes, and kids clothes. The biggest thing I've noticed is; possesions mean less to me now than they did before. Yes, there are those sentimental things that I'm devastated about losing, but I have my children and a husband that would do anything for me.
Changing the subject a little, we had a wonderful Christmas. We spent the holidays with our families and shoving food in our faces constantly. :) Lego (our dog) is adjusting to being home. He's kinda taken over the kids Cars couch. He loves laying upside down with his paws in the air. It snowed quite a bit this past week. Not only was I reunited with a shovel and an aching body, but I took the kids sledding. It was fun. Drew and I made a nice little sledding path in the backyard. I of course had to show him how it was done. He giggled at me then told me how awesome I looked. Guess I can say I'm one cool mama(and not too shabby for someone in their 30's)!
It's been a great start to 2013. It can only get better. From where we've been to where we are going has been quite the journey...as long as I have my family nothing else matters. Happy New Year!

No comments: