Beach Fun

Beach Fun

Thursday, August 22, 2013

SCORE!

Wow! We love soccer. Drew has scored two goals this season so far, compared to none last season. Emma and Maddox have scored a goal each as well. I am most impressed with Emma. She went from laying in the middle of the practice field to standing in the middle of the game field, to scoring a goal in just her second game. Maddox and Drew both scored in the first game of the season. Maddox showed off his little Mario and Luigi jump with his arm in the air; while Drew airplaned it out down the field. Parker and Jack have yet to score goals but do a great job moving the ball up and down the field. At first I wasn't able to leave their sight while they were practicing, but finally last night I was able to walk the walking trail around the soccer field. Brian was really nervous about them participating and I'll admit I was on the fence about it. I'm glad we allowed them to play and get out to do some fun things this Fall. It's always been following Drew to his fun activities and now it gives Drew and I a chance to bond while watching the quads play. We have such fun. School is going great for everyone. Drew has shown us that he is ready to read. He and I have been reading chunks of Green Eggs and Ham together. He does a great job sound blending to make his words. We've been doing ok with keeping up with homework. It's going to be those silly fundraisers that get us though. At least with Saint Susanna the fundraiser is per family, where as the public schools are per child. Homeschooling on the days the little ones are not in school is going well. They love counting and coloring. We've been having some fun with stories. We have tried using a computer mouse and I'm not just ready to tackle that yet. The kids are so button happy, and fast too. I'm afraid they are gonna blow the place up from pressing too many buttons at once!! We haven't thought about Halloween yet. All the costumes from last year fit and the kids love them so that is a strong possibility. Considering last year we Trick or Treated with friends in another neighborhood, they would be new to our neighborhood this year. OH SUCH FUN! We are coming up on our one year anniversary of our house fire. I can feel myself fighting the anxiety some nights before bed. Usually its not bad, but last night was one that gave me chills. I have found myself going to bed later at night, sleeping lighter throughout the night, watching the clock usually around 3am, listening for unusual noises all the time, and have been extra jumpy if the smoke alarm goes off on accident when our oven sets it off. I'm thankful that I'm not scared to be living here. You know how sometimes when something tragic happens you have that fear of going home? I really thought that I would feel like that, and I don't. It's amazing how much everything in our lives has changed in the last year. I'll post all that in a separate post later! Right now I'm thankful for my family and friends. Hope you all have a great rest of the week! I know I'm looking forward to watching more goals being scored by the squad!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi Sara! I was hoping you could answer a quick question about your blog! My name is Heather and my email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail.com :-)