Beach Fun

Beach Fun

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

March Madness

What a crazy couple of weeks. Flu, strep, sinus infections, medicines, cleaning, crying, and sleepless nights. I have been doing some thinking lately and don't know how we ever survived the days when our quads were infants. YIKES! If I think the past two weeks had been rough, I must be crazy!!! I mean, it's not like we had a ton of help when the kids were infants. I'm hoping that today will be the end of all our sickness. I might just open the windows tomorrow and air out the house again. I had done it right after we passed the silly tummy bugs, but am feeling like maybe another round of that might be what I need here. In case you haven't yet been in the know...Emma is scheduled for her second craniotomy May 12th. Her first craniotomy was to correct her fused suture on the front of her skull. (Metopic synostosis). We knew there was a chance she would need more surgery, but were optimistic. As she grew, we saw her head beginning to deform. Each time I took her to see her Neurosurgeon or her Plastic surgeon they continued to confirm some of my fears. They both agreed it was best to wait until she was five. Emma is now four, and neither surgeon wanted to wait any longer. I have been talking more with Emma about what to expect and prepare her for things that are going to scare her. I told her we would take her to the hospital when it's still dark outside. Mommy, Daddy and Grandma Susan would all be with her. She will go with the doctors and they will "fix her noggin" and make it perfect like all the pretty princesses. I had to warn her that when she wanted to wake up, she wont be able to open her eyes. This is what really scares her. Telling her that she won't see for four days and that she will have gooey, sticky hair, and won't be able to get out of bed. That she will only hear Mommy and Daddy or feel our touch. The doctors are very confident that she will only spend one night in PICU and then move to Peds for a few days. At least once she is out of PICU and settled in to a regular room, the boys can come and visit her. That I know will help her feel better. We ask that you please pray for Emma and our family. We hope for an easy surgery, fast recovery, and for our family to be safe at home together.
In other news, Jack has his adenoids out next week, Brian has earned an award at work and will be honored at a special ceremony next week. YAY!!! Soccer and baseball are getting ready to start soon. I'm looking forward to watching Drew and crew out having fun with new friends. Spring break is right around the corner. No plans yet for us, but you just never know. The seven of us are all off for a whole week together, the opportunities are endless. :) The kids were able to ride the fire truck to school on Monday. That was exciting!! Brian and I actually had DATE NIGHT. I'm shocked we still know how that works. Tee-hee. We won the "Ride to School in a Fire Truck" item at the school fundraiser's silent auction. We were able to go to the station, learn about their trucks, play in the bunk rooms, quiz the Chief, watch them slide down the fire pole, and wave to all the kids friends in the school parking lot! We were interviewed by the local newspaper and got really cool hats. It was such a positive experience for the kids, they really loved it. I think I've made up for not posting in a while, so I'll end here, sleep tight. XOXO

No comments: