Beach Fun

Beach Fun

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

We Love Summer.

Summer break is here! Can you believe our micro preemies are going to Kindergarten? I'm torn between feelings of joy and sadness. Feeling joy because they are getting old enough to go and do big kid things and sad because they are growing too fast. Drew is heading into second grade. Where does time go?? Drew did fantastic in first grade. He's reading at a third grade four month level and scored in the 94% in the United States in math. Proud Mama moment! We've kept busy with sports this spring. Drew is playing baseball. This past weekend he went 2 for 2 with an RBI and a run scored. The quads are playing soccer. They have their last game this weekend. They will get their trophies and soccer patches. I will admit I've failed in the patch department this year. Time just flies by. We've been so busy riding bikes, playing outside and finishing school there has been little time for anything else. I'm still a full time nursing student. I'm doing well so far and really loving it. I finished Abnormal Psychology this past weekend. Next up Theology! It's my last co-requisite before clinical rotations start in the fall. Brian too, has gone back to school. He is studying marketing through Indiana State University. I'm not sure when he will be finished with his degree, but it's a great decision for us as a family. Someday we will be able to have more time together as a family. Coming up for the summer we have some fun planned. Zoo trips, swimming, biking, I might like to try hiking with the crew. I'm still on the fence about that one, but Brian had mentioned camping. If it comes with a mattress I might consider it. My body may not handle the ground so well. Emma is also having her second cranial surgery. That happens next Thursday. She is ready. I'm good with our decision to go ahead with it this time. While it will be tough to start Kindergarten in a hat and half a shaved head, I'm confident she will do just fine. I will do my best to update on her progress during and after her surgery.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello did your daughter have her surgery ?? Do you have a Facebook Paige ???