Beach Fun

Beach Fun

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

A New Beginning.

Welcome to 2017! I looked at our blog and was shocked to see I hadn't blogged since 2015!! How life has changed since then. If I remember correctly nursing school for me was just beginning....well now it has ended. I now officially have a B.S in Nursing, an B.S in Speech Pathology and a minor in Audiology. The future may hold a Masters!! Yes, I plan to pursue my FNP eventually. As for now I have accepted an RN position in the NICU at St. Vincent Women's Hospital and Indianapolis. Our family has recently sold our home in Indianapolis and will be moving to Brownsburg for a short period of time. We will be trying out apartment living for six months. I'm not sure if I should be more worried about me surviving in 1200 sq feet for that amount of time or if I should feel bad for those living in the unit below us. Brian already has a game plan in place consisting of beer and flowers. I hope they drink beer...if not, they will now!! We took a vacation over Fall break. It was much needed. Nothing too fancy, we visited Hilton Head Island and had a blast. Four days of beach, mini golf, dolphin excursions, and sunshine. The kids did great being in the car for such a long period of time. Drew and I taught the quads how to boogie board....we had a blast!! Parker attempted to bury Brian in the sand, but it didn't go well. We ended up building a sand castle and collecting shells instead. The kids are doing well. School is something they love and hate. They hate getting up in the morning but love their friends and teachers. I already fear the teen years and waking up on school mornings. Emma is already in the habit of asking "do I have to get up for school in the morning?" The kids are ready for the upcoming soccer season. Emma has opted for gymnastics instead. She's such a girly girl! I love that about her. She's tough when it counts but isn't afraid to stand her ground and go for what she wants. Drew decided to run for Student Council this year. He was voted in and loves it. He's very responsible. Maddox is very strong willed...some days are better than others. He's doing well in school and loves to entertain his friends. I definitely see more colors on his behavior sheet than I do from the others. Parker has been struggling with school and his migraines. He is so sweet and tries so hard to please everyone. We are working on getting him extra help but it's been a real struggle. Jack has finally found his groove. He has made a lot of progress this year and I am really proud of him. I must say though....four sets of first grade homework has be about crazy! More to come soon...lots of changes coming to our family!