Beach Fun

Beach Fun

Saturday, July 20, 2013

School Days

This is the first time in eight years I am not preparing myself to go back to work. It feels strange. I'm excited, have no apprehension about anything. Considering I'm sending my oldest to Kindergarten this year, I feel like I should be sad. But in reality, I don't. Brian and I thought long and hard about things. We had sent Drew to Saint Susanna for Preschool and Pre-K. He has loved every minute of it. We've had wonderful experiences there and the families and staff have been so supportive. We couldn't have asked for anything more. We considered sending Drew to public school beginning this year and when it came down to making the final decision Brian and I were split. Financially, it would be better to send him to public school. In the long run for Drew, he will benefit more from going to private school. Nothing bad against public schools, I've taught in them for eight years and worked with great teachers and support staff. It's just the smaller class sizes and the amount of attention staff are able to provide. This I think has eased all those emotions of him entering the full day world of school. Parker also returns to Developmental Preschool in the next week and a half. I have been asking Parker if he's ready to start riding the bus again. He's been pretty anti-school until yesterday. I finally got a "I'm ready" out of him. He will have a new teacher this year. I've heard great things about her and look forward to see the progress he will make. Brian and I are still deciding what to do with Maddox, Emma, and Jack. We have been trying to work things out with some Preschools, but are just not sure how things will work out financially. Let's face it.....MULTIPLES ARE EXPENSIVE!!! Check back in two weeks to see if they go to school or stay home with Mommy! In other squad news....WE ARE GOING TO PLAY SOCCER!! Yes, all five kids in soccer. Brian and I also debated this for quite sometime. He said "NO" I said "YES" and well, because I'm the boss naturally I won the battle. I'm praying we have no broken bones from our clumsiness, and no meltdowns on the field. The kids each have their own ball and have been playing in the basement. THEY LOVE IT!!! I still haven't decided if I'm nuts or going to enjoy watching them. I'll keep you all posted on this too...maybe post some action shots of the crew. At least the quads will all be on one team and Drew will be on another so it's only two different teams to follow for now. :) No other gossip from Squad Headquarters, we'll keep you posted on school and soccer news. XOXO

No comments: