Beach Fun

Beach Fun

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Let the New Begin.

It's really late, but Happy New Year!! Brian and I celebrated with Drew, a bottle of Sparkling Grape juice and a bottle of Asti. I know.....we are exciting peeps. We survived the huge snow storm that followed the new year in. We had 13" of snow and FIVE snow days. Brian and I did a whole lot of shoveling and I built a snowman with the crew. We did a little backyard sledding and built a fort. The kids had a blast throwing snowballs at Brian who was standing on the inside of the patio door. I will say, my crew has some good aim and they all seem to have pretty good arms. Look out MLB! The kids finally went back to school this week. It has also been a full moon.....let the games begin. The boys were so naughty last night, I wanted to just sit and cry. They are now grounded from video games for a week. I hate having to punish them because I always feel guilty. I always have that "well, I should've been watching them better, or the I need to be a more positive mom". It's not like I was even sitting on the couch....I was just cleaning up dinner. Nothing wrong with that, until you have four boys peeing in the toy bins in the basement and throwing it in the air all over everything. UGH!!! Drew got his second quarter report card. It was good. I am so proud of him. His teacher says he is reading fluently and does a great job sounding out words and sound blending. :) WAHOO! I don't have reports from the littles yet. Those I should have tomorrow and Monday. Hoping for good reports there too. I went back to work this week. After being off for a year, it felt really good. I am working with High School students as a Resource Teacher. I have two classes I work with and really like it. English 9 is a lot more fun than I remember! I look forward to the rest of the semester with a fun bunch of kids. Brian is putting in some OT at his job. We have enjoyed being inside this winter with the kids. We are looking forward to many family memories this year and sharing them with you. XOXO

No comments: