Beach Fun

Beach Fun

Monday, July 5, 2010

I'm a fish!




What a fun 4th of July!! We went to Illinois for the day. Drew was very excited to swim...and did he ever!! I think he is part fish. He swam nearly 5 hours. Brian swam with him while holding hands for about the first five minutes and after that he swam all by himself. I am one proud mama!

The quads took their first swimming lesson too. They all liked it. They swam in floaties the first time in the water for about 20-30 minutes. Then got out to nap and jumped back in a bit later. Man are they cuties in their swim gear. I am lucky to have such well behaved and brave kiddos. :)

Brian and I enjoyed the day swimming with the kiddos and chatting it up with friends and family in the sun. Brian got a nice sunburn and I got the pleasure of slapping on some alone....he's lucky I was nice! This week is a busy one too. The quads are being baptized on Saturday and then on Monday (12th) Emma goes in for her cranial surgery. I am one nervous mommy. She will be there through Friday (16th). Her anterior suture on her skull closed at 10 weeks old and will now have it opened to allow room for brain development and for her forehead to expand. You would think after all we experienced in NICU, and having three boys in PICU I would be a little prepared for this. Especially with Maddox having been on the vent for almost a month. I just can't seem to get a grip. I'm about ready to cry just thinking about it. UGH! Well, I actually got to bed early tonight but I will keep posting as much as I can about our trip through Emma's surgery and our stay in PICU.

Please keep Emma and our family in your prayers for the next two weeks.
Love and Hugs!

1 comment:

Suzy said...

Oh, Sara, I can't even imagine how you must be feeling about Emma's imminent surgery. Will be praying for an uneventful procedure and a smooth recovery. Let me know if there's anything you need ... I would be happy to bring a meal again!