Beach Fun

Beach Fun

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Swimming Along!

Time once again has gotten away from me. Five weeks have passed and I'm feeling bad I haven't blogged.
We had a good Easter. Lunch with my family and egg hunting with Brian's family. It was beautiful outside so we were able to play outdoors all day. Drew went fishing with his cousin Nick and had a blast. Maddox, Parker, Emma and Jack ran around the farm with super sized kick balls. It was a nice quiet ride home in the car after baths at Grandmas. Speaking of baths...bath time here has been interesting. Drew has been practicing his swimming in the tub. He has been holding his breath underwater. He's up to 9 seconds without plugging his nose!! He's also been blowing bubbles out of his nose and mouth underwater. All of his fish-like actions have prompted Parker and Emma to try to swim like fish too. They love to lay on their backs in the tub and wiggle around like fish. Sometimes they get brave and put their mouths under the water. Jack and Maddox have never been big on swimming but they do like the toys in the bathtub. A few weeks ago I took Drew shopping for a birthday gift for his friend. As we were walking through Toys R Us, he looked at me and said "Mommy, I need a big pool." He's so cute, and when I replied with "Lets talk to daddy about it." He said "Daddy wants to swim with me and I can hold my breath." Luckily I had gift cards in my purse, so without consulting Brian (knowing he'd be upset with me), I bought the pool. I think it's going to be fun, hoping now that Maddox and Jack will enjoy swimming. Summer break is coming, which means vacation is coming too! We are excited to take the kids to the beach (Myrtle Beach). I've bought some items, still debating on others, and thinking about my packing list. I'm a bit nervous traveling with all five for that long of a distance. Not much else going on with us as we've been busy working, going to baseball, and spending time taking walks and playing in the backyard.

No comments: