Beach Fun

Beach Fun

Friday, June 7, 2013

Starting Summer with a Bang!

Well we are a little over a week into summer break. I'm having a blast with the crew....they've been keeping me on my toes. Within the first ten minutes of summer break we had a boo-boo. :( Yes....Drew unbuckled his seatbelt to retrieve a toy he tossed behind his seat. As I came to the realization he was moving about the car I turned my head to yell at him and almost ran a red light. He sat and had one arm under his belt by the time I hit the breaks to avoid running that red light. He flew into the front seat and ended up with a seatbelt burn across his neck and whiplash. As the week continued we had a smashed finger, two cut toes, a dresser on top of the three little boys, my debit card number stolen and my account overdrawn. Needless to say SUMMER WILL GET BETTER! We have some positives to the above named negatives...the quads are potty trained during the day!! Emma, Parker, and Maddox have been day trained for a while now but Jack was a bit stubborn. Maddox told Jack a few weeks ago that he wasn't a big boy because he was in a diaper and Jack got mad. I asked Jack if he was ready and he said no, but it didn't stop me. I woke up the next day and told him he was going to be a big boy. The first few days were murder, but now he's doing great. We've been able to spend lots of time outside, which is great for wearing ourselves out. The boys make sure they "water" the trees every chance they get. :) We've made some big changes in the house this past week too. Drew used to have a room to himself. He and Maddox are now roommates in the bonus room and Parker and Jack now share Drew's old room. Emma still has her own room. Maddox, Jack and Parker managed to pull an antique dresser over on top of themselves last week. Talk about a heart attack! Brian and I immediately thought about splitting the three of them up. It has made bed time a little easier and more peaceful. Brian is considering improvements to the backyard. Expanding the jungle gym and adding some fun things like a tire swing and another slide. The kids love playing on it, so it would be a great investment. We aren't planning on any family trips this year, but most definitely looking forward to fun here at home. We'll keep you up to date on our backyard adventures!! XOXO

No comments: